Your child is welcome in our nursery during
Sunday worship services, and during the Sunday School hour. When you bring your child(ren) to the nursery, we ask that you sign your child in. The nursery aide or volunteer will assign each family a pager. This ensures quick and safe notification to parents in case a parent is required to return to the nursery.
Safety: Bethel has a Child Protection Policy that each volunteer is required to review on an annual basis. We also ask for each volunteer to sign the Covenant annually.
Bethel's Nursery is a Cooperative Nursery.Otherwise referred to as a co-op, our church nursery is administered and maintained by adults, parents and grandparents of the Bethel community. The special working relationship between parents and children helps build a sense of community and togetherness, which allows everyone to grow together.
The paper sign-up is available on the Nursery Bulletin Board and http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050E4FACAC28AA8-volunteer
Please share any ideas and report any concerns to:
Director of Youth & Family Ministries
Chair of Christian Education
We are very thankful for your dedication to welcoming and serving families.
We have a coffee fellowship between services.
During the school year it is before and after Sunday school, and over the summer for the hour between services. The nursery is not staffed during this fellowship time. Parent(s) and child(ren) are welcome to enjoy the nursery together or in the sunroom where the coffee and refreshments are available.
Volunteer Reminders and Responsibilities:
- Please sign-up to help at one early service and one late service each month.
- Two (2) volunteers are needed at each service, every Sunday.
- Please plan on arriving at least 10 minutes early.
- Welcome children as they arrive, and thank parents for bringing their child.
- Oversee the check-in process. All parents need to sign their child in before leaving the nursery and make sure to give a pager to the parent (one per family)
- Play with or the guide the play of the children in your care.
- At the end of your shift, please ask the children to help return toys to the shelves, and wipe off the surfaces.
- Play with or the guide the play of the children in your care.At the end of your shift, please ask the children to help return toys to the shelves, and wipe off the surfaces.
- The church has a coffee and fellowship hour on Sundays during the school year. So that everyone is able to enjoy this time, the nursery is open and unstaffed. However parents and children are welcome to enjoy this space together during this time.
- Report any concerns and ideas to the nursery contacts.